Monday, November 2, 2009

Mid Test II - GAME

Debby Rahayu Amanda
064.07.021

The reason to make this game at the moment is due to the fact that everyone is always competitive and enjoy a nature that stimulate us to play the mental game.

What makes it so interesting is clear that there are benefits that can be achieved by making these games. Plus, if the game is interesting, could be offered to companies who see the main Internet business case and the potential for this industry.

Steps To Make a Game
1.Select The Themes
First, you must free your mind from any conception of thinking "What game??"
Examples of simple games that we usually find as ball, tic-tac-toe, Tetris, etc.
Because of my limited ability, I decided to make a game that:
a) Can be done more than nine months with an average of three hours a week for the process
b) Can be delivered on a platform with a cheap tool
c) The game is a game I will enjoy the play.
I decided to choose the genre "word games" are not born from the desire to make a lot of cash. And I want to make a game that really entertaining user should.
There is only one option for delivery platform - and that is Windows. There are no license fees, cheap and free tools.

2. Plan Your Time
Like most people, I have a very limited time. So, I set aside spare time for an Internet search of materials that support my project.

3. Plan Your Game
I wrote the specifications of his game and make sure I keep Wordpress smallest feature set.
This is not going to be an epic RPG or action game graphics intensive. Although I'm making a game that I want to play, I also realized that it was to attract fans of the puzzle play on words, so I did lots of research and I found that this game is generally appeal to women more than thirty percent.

4. The Link I Used
There are some good tools and machines are cheap and free. I started by using Blitz Basic (http://www.blitzbasic.com/) and continue to I also tried PopCap (http://www.popcap.com/)
My suggestion is better to use the framework provided in the link PopCap as easy to use and robust - a game built with PopCap framework have been downloaded millions of times.
When I'm making a game, I use placeholder graphics I've made myself. If you need a small 2D art fun, you can visit the Motion Pro (http://www.cosmigo.com/).
For sound effects I visited Audio Mojo package from Garage Games (http://www.garagegames.com/) and the rest I made myself by visiting the Audacity sound editor (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).

5. Build It!
This is the hardest part of making a game. And you have to actually do it.
One thing you have to understand is: do 2 or 3 hours a week is better than doing nothing.
Within 3 weeks, you have to do more than one full working day.
Do not ever underestimate how much you can do in a short time. Remember, every journey consists of many steps, but if you do not take any steps, you do not produce anything.
Then I went to Shake Word, build a prototype to ensure that the core gameplay works what does not??
Once that's done, I started to build the rest of the game. I use programmer art is very interesting to create menus and user interface. I also ask the help of my good friends and to design a good friend to mix audio.
First I tested this game to my family and my friends. And if they feel fun to play this game, I just publish.

6. Publish
But it was not finished, I still have to introduce this game to the public.
I built a website to sell my game project, using Microsoft FrontPage and host the site.
I chose to try TryMedia (http://www.trymedia.com/) to handle e-commerce. They provide digital distribution package is very easy to use. When finished packing and penguplodan, this permaina tested and finally approved for release in TryMedia affiliate network.

Benefits Making a Game
- We so have a responsibility and consistency to ourselves because the grace period we have set for menyelasaikan project.
- Having fun for others with fun games we make. They became more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment